Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wild; Best Pro Team In Minnesota Needs A Thread
Topic Started: Jan 22 2017, 07:35 PM (1,446 Views)
JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, I just felt that if we have a Twins and Vikings thread, than we need a Wild one as well. We are the state of hockey after all. They are playing great this year, the young guys are finally living up to their potential. The Staal pickup was great! Hope to have some great hockey talk.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Conquest
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Things looking up this year, we usually do very good in the fall then go into a rutt during December/January and stumble into the playoffs. We are currently first in the Central with three less games played than the Blackhawks! I am liking the way Keumper is playing when Dubnyk isn't available. I like the consistency that we are playing with.

WrestleMe
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We are the state of wrestling.
Hockey is as created for those who couldn't wrestle. 😉

izzman
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Coaching makes a difference in Hockey as shown this year with Boudreau at the helm. It's a completely different team.

Tman21
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Agree izzman. Last year it was defense defense defense, this year it's constantly attacking and shoving the puck down the goalies throat. Way more exciting to watch this year!

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I would also add that goal tending has improved this season as well.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think the opposing team is having a harder time attacking since our offense is making them pay if they don't keep a man back.

We stayed slow this year and seem to understand what the coach wants, great job.

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice game tonight before the All Star Break! First in the West, hope the second half is as good as the first.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks like we are in a little lull, just so long as we right the shop and kick butt during the playoffs.

Taz
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lilmatdog
Mar 7 2017, 01:36 PM
Looks like we are in a little lull, just so long as we right the shop and kick butt during the playoffs.
We are?

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I did say little.

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I would agree. I am not too worried. We are in a position where we do not need to play hard every game. We can conserve some energy for the playoffs. Last 3 years we practically killed ourselves trying to make the playoffs. Now we can coast in like the Blackhawks do every year.

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I see the Wild have waited til later in the year to implode. Hopefully, they can right the ship before the playoffs.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just a little lull.

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lilmatdog
Mar 15 2017, 08:18 AM
Just a little lull.
Can we start to panic now? :)

Mrbill
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Coach Bruce did not seem very Happy after the last loss. Did not have a very long press conference.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, the lull has gone on long enough.

Taz
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I shouldn't have doubted your wisdom LMD

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yay! The Wild look like they did a month ago. At least for one game. Here is hoping the get hot before the playoffs start.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The team they beat is on the playoff bubble and needed that game so yes, the Wild looked great.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The last 6-7 games they have been looking like a playoff team. Now they need to look like a championship team.

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That was a tough loss last night. You just knew after all the energy they used up in the third period that they needed to score quickly in OT. The Blues hardly did anything but defend the whole third so they were fresh and that appeared to be the difference in OT. I hope the Wild can bounce back but the Blues are going to have all the momentum.

true future
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Last night was tough at the xcel. Soooo many great chances that we didn't capitalize on. Allen was making some ridiculous saves. He gave up a ton of rebounds and I expect us to adjust and take advantage of those Friday.

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
true future
Apr 13 2017, 07:31 AM
Last night was tough at the xcel. Soooo many great chances that we didn't capitalize on. Allen was making some ridiculous saves. He gave up a ton of rebounds and I expect us to adjust and take advantage of those Friday.
Sometimes the puck just doesn't bounce your way.

The wild outplayed them, but a combination of great saves and unfortunate luck resulted in a loss for the wild.

true future
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
mndak
Apr 13 2017, 01:29 PM
true future
Apr 13 2017, 07:31 AM
Sometimes the puck just doesn't bounce your way.

The wild outplayed them, but a combination of great saves and unfortunate luck resulted in a loss for the wild.
I agree. I think the wild are the better team but they have to show it. Tomorrow should be fun. As far as i can remember I don't think the wild have had a home playoff game on a Friday/Saturday night in a long time.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Golf season I guess, Damn it!

Tman21
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
What a strange series. Outplayed them in every game, just didn't have the puck luck...

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tman21
Apr 22 2017, 07:07 PM
What a strange series. Outplayed them in every game, just didn't have the puck luck...
They were too soft on the edges. You can skate up and down the ice as much as you want but if you get pushed around on the edges and can't infiltrate the defens you aren't outplaying your opponent. I would argue st Louis did exactly what they wanted to do and out played the wild on defense.
Edited by mndak, Apr 24 2017, 08:45 AM.

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Every year it is the same. The goalie on the other team was amazing. At some point you need to put the puck in the net.

No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
JAW2517
Apr 23 2017, 07:22 PM
Every year it is the same. The goalie on the other team was amazing. At some point you need to put the puck in the net.
Jake Allens lucky rabbits foot must've fallen out of his jock somewhere between here and St Louis.
Not to hard to stop a shot when you hit him in the chest with 80% of your shots.
Edited by 008, Apr 30 2017, 02:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply