Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Leg cradle or head scissors?; Saw in section dual finals between Foley and Litchfield
Topic Started: Mar 30 2017, 09:59 AM (489 Views)
kidwrestlingcoach
Member Avatar
Coach
[ *  *  * ]
My boys asked me this last night when one got a leg cradle on the other. How come this isn't a head scissors? The head and arm are a head scissors, why not the head and foot? Usually you see this when one kid is over matched and the other is showboating. I'm pretty sure I saw this in the section finals and the kid that scored with the legs cradle ended up losing, so it can happen at a fairly high level. I sometimes ref youth and middle school, but I'm not going to be the first guys to call a leg cradle a penalty point for the other guy. It feels like the answer is you can't break a kid's neck with a leg cradle, but wondering if anyone else has thought about this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Leg cradle is a dumb move and should be banned especially at the youth level. It serves no useful purpose except to showboat over an inferior opponent.

WrestlingOfficial
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
pressure is not there in a leg cradle so kidwrestlingcoach you got it.

Tibeco
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
kidwrestlingcoach
Mar 30 2017, 09:59 AM
My boys asked me this last night when one got a leg cradle on the other. How come this isn't a head scissors? The head and arm are a head scissors, why not the head and foot? Usually you see this when one kid is over matched and the other is showboating. I'm pretty sure I saw this in the section finals and the kid that scored with the legs cradle ended up losing, so it can happen at a fairly high level. I sometimes ref youth and middle school, but I'm not going to be the first guys to call a leg cradle a penalty point for the other guy. It feels like the answer is you can't break a kid's neck with a leg cradle, but wondering if anyone else has thought about this.
The instance you are talking about was during a takedown scramble when othe Foley wrestler tried to pass the leg and the Litchfield wrestler wound up applying the leg cradle, ending on top getting TD and 2 NF. Litch won the match by seven.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ask a Ref · Next Topic »
Add Reply