Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fundraiser for Youth Club Start-Up; Eat Chipotle and Help Grow Wrestling in Minnesota!
Topic Started: May 19 2017, 03:51 PM (475 Views)
Justin
No Avatar
[ * ]
Hello,

Want to contribute to the growth of wrestling in Minnesota? PLEASE keep reading to hear our story and learn how you can help!

My name is Justin Miller, head wrestling coach at Park Center High School in Brooklyn Park. I'm in the process of organizing the inaugural youth folksytle season for a brand new youth wrestling club, and our biggest need at the moment is funding!

We have a fundraiser set to take place at Chipotle in Maple Grove (9881 Maple Grove Pkwy, Maple Grove, MN 55369) on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7TH from 5:00-9:00 pm. All you have to do is show up, order food and mention Pirate Wrestling or Park Center Wrestling, and then 50% of the proceeds will go directly to our program. All proceeds from this fundraiser will go toward the start-up of the Pirate Wrestling Club. The proceeds will help pay for advertising in our community, permits, rental fees, memberships and equipment for low-income families, and apparel.

There has been decades of youth wrestling drought in the direct area surrounding Park Center High School in Brooklyn Park and Brooklyn Center. This area covers about a 12 square mile radius with more than six entire elementary schools and two middle school (no middle school wrestling in district 279)... that's literally thousands of unreached kids missing out on an opportunity to participate in our great sport! I've had a vision for years now about starting this youth program and finally I gained a necessary resource in Greg Nelson (Minnesota Martial Arts Academy). In a short amount of time we were able to organize, adverstise, and run a free 8-week Pirate Wrestling Club session this spring during freestyle-greco season. I feel it was a tremendous success and a great primer for the very first Pirate Wrestling Club youth folkstyle season this upcoming winter. We had 40 kids K-12 sign up and that included about 25 K-6th graders.

Thank you for your considerations and we hope to see you there! If you can't make it to the Chipotle fundraiser and would like to help us out, then please email me at millerjustin116@gmail.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Justin, May 19 2017, 03:52 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Justin
No Avatar
[ * ]
If you'd like to know more about our story regarding the start up of the new Pirate Wrestling Club and would like to give to our cause, you can follow this link to our GoFundMe campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/piratewrestlingclub

Ponce Trained Wrestling
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
Hi Justin,

My name is Orlando Ponce of Ponce Trained Wrestling.

I would love to help in any way I can. My little sister graduated from Park Center HS in 2016 and my family lives in the Brooklyn Park/Osseo area. I would love to see wrestling grow here, especially youth wrestling!

One idea I can think of immediately is:

Running a clinic type of event and having all the proceeds go to your program. My time and efforts would be completely voluntary.

My hopes will be to bring in people from the wrestling community to register for the clinic hosted by your youth program and for your program to financially benefit from this event.

If we work together, I'm sure we can think of other ways to help your program grow.

Please contact me at (612) 642-1499 or oponce@poncetrained.com.

Thank you and God bless your program!

Justin
No Avatar
[ * ]
Orlando,

Thank you for your response and reaching out! You and I have actually met on one occasion a couple springs back when I joined Isaiah L at Coon Rapids for a freestyle practice.

I appreciate your willingness to help out and the ideas! I'd love to talk about things or possibly even sit down over coffee to chat. I'll send you an email or give you a phone call soon.

Ponce Trained Wrestling
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
I look forward to hearing from you!

Let's make it happen!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Wrestling Program and Community Events · Next Topic »
Add Reply