Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
New Vikings Season; 2017-2018
Topic Started: Aug 4 2017, 06:38 AM (6,854 Views)
MN_Gazonni
Member Avatar
Wrestling fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just wanted to start a new page for a new season and see what people's thoughts are on the Vikings chances to make the playoffs and or super bowl to be held here in Minnesota.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM

It is way too early to make any serious predictions.

Once the season starts it Depends upon the o-line. Without a run game or pass protection this team is looking at a 7-9 or 8-8 record.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
13-3, and superbowl.

O-line will be huge but this team is the best we've had in a while.
Edited by lilmatdog, Aug 5 2017, 06:56 AM.

shoot_to_thrill
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Top defense will carry the vikes. Offense will be better than last year. Dalvin cook looks like a stud!! Offense will run. Defense won't give up much. It will be the first time ever a team plays in the Superbowl on their home field. Go vikes!!

MN_Gazonni
Member Avatar
Wrestling fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
The only thing I fear is that the Offensive line will fall apart agian, if they could stay healthy the whole year, there is a great chance for us to be super bowl conternders.

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jeez, superbowl? Let's worry about just making the playoffs first.

We all have seen much better teams fall flat in the past. Plus it is the Vikings after all!!!

Mr. Concrete
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If the O-Line performs well and can keep Bradford healthy this team will go deep in playoffs.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-minnesota-vikings-1797851777

MN_Gazonni
Member Avatar
Wrestling fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Boone and Clemings both gone today, how do people feel about the line now?

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hopeful

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not sure if we are good or not, team is just getting it done.

Beat the Lions and I'm a believer.
Edited by lilmatdog, Sep 26 2017, 08:55 PM.

gophersfan
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
What is everyone's thoughts on having Teddy Bridgewater back? Will he jump right into the starting spot? Will he ever be the same after suffering an injury like he did?

Personally, I think he will gradually get into his starting spot pending success. I think that we have to play him regardless this year to figure out whether he will be worth signing to another contract or not.

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gophersfan
Oct 17 2017, 10:15 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on having Teddy Bridgewater back? Will he jump right into the starting spot? Will he ever be the same after suffering an injury like he did?

Personally, I think he will gradually get into his starting spot pending success. I think that we have to play him regardless this year to figure out whether he will be worth signing to another contract or not.
Who cares?

Kenum is a capable qb and has proven himself so far this season.
The only possible scenario I see where he loses the starting spot (outside of injury) is if Bradford is 100 percent healthy. And even than I really don't believe it is that huge of an upgrade.

I really don't see how the Vikings won't win the NFC North now. Green Bay will be terrible without Rodgers. The bears are horrible. And the Lions are basically the Lions.

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Keenum has been a good backup QB, but he is not going to win many playoff games. He just misses too many passes that you need him to make. If Teddy looks good I bet he gets a start. Also, a health Bradford is way better than Keenum. Go back and watch the Detroit and Green Bay games. He misses wide open WR all the time. I am very happy that we have a good backup but backups are not meant to play the majority of the season.

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
JAW2517
Oct 17 2017, 07:28 PM
Keenum has been a good backup QB, but he is not going to win many playoff games. He just misses too many passes that you need him to make. If Teddy looks good I bet he gets a start. Also, a health Bradford is way better than Keenum. Go back and watch the Detroit and Green Bay games. He misses wide open WR all the time. I am very happy that we have a good backup but backups are not meant to play the majority of the season.
5 TD's to 1 interception for 1100 yards and a 93.1 passer rating.

He is more than sufficient to manage and win games especially if the defense stays healthy.

In 2015 a healthy teddy Bridgwater threw for 14 TD's to 9 interceptions for 3200 yards and a 88.7 passer rating.

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I do agree a healthy Bradford is better than kenum. But it has to be at 100% health.

Last season Bradford threw for 20 TD's to 9 interceptions for 3877 yards and a passer rating of 99.3.

An improvement over the other two but way better might be a stretch.
Edited by mndak, Oct 17 2017, 07:50 PM.

WrestleMe
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bradford

Gonzaga1603
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WrestleMe
Oct 17 2017, 09:09 PM
Bradford
And it isn't close.

Unfortunately Bradford may legit never play again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WrestleMe
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gonzaga1603
Oct 17 2017, 09:46 PM
WrestleMe
Oct 17 2017, 09:09 PM
Bradford
And it isn't close.

Unfortunately Bradford may legit never play again.
Sad yet so true.

storm
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Keenum is doing fine though I don't think it needs to be said that he is not the long term answer by any means. With Bradford being injured and possibly never playing again I'm not even really sure that Teddy is the long term answer. For the remainder of the season I like a healthy Keenum over a Teddy that hasnt played in over a year and is coming off an injury but I hope they take another look at the QB position after the season is over.

That being said, I'm happy with the season so far. I think they were underwhelming in the lions game and if you took those turnovers out of play they maybe should have won that game but look for them to win that rematch later and they have the NFC North pretty handily.
Edited by storm, Oct 18 2017, 08:08 AM.

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Man that was a boring game,but it's another W.

Tell me again why we are worried about who is starting at qb? Keenum is doing just fine.

storm
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That was bound to be a defensive struggle so I'm not surprised that it was kind of a boring game. It was nice to see some productivity out of Murray and hopefully that will continue. What is up with Forbath smoking all of his field goals but struggling to make extra points? I think that's three missed extra points now.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm very worried.

We are down a starting QB and even though Keenum has done well doesn't make him the answer.
We are down a starting RB although or two headed rotation seems nice I'd rather have one stud that can do it all.
We are down our starting WR although he should be back soon.

Now the killers.
We are down a starting tackle and a starting guard. I think we are actually playing a 3rd string guard. We still need a strong O-line and i think ours was coming together nicely but the injuries are concerning to me.

WrestleMe
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Donít forget the eye surgeries.

storm
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lilmatdog
Oct 26 2017, 08:29 AM
I'm very worried.

We are down a starting QB and even though Keenum has done well doesn't make him the answer.
We are down a starting RB although or two headed rotation seems nice I'd rather have one stud that can do it all.

Now the killers.
We are down a starting tackle and a starting guard. I think we are actually playing a 3rd string guard. We still need a strong O-line and i think ours was coming together nicely but the injuries are concerning to me.
Let's hope that a game against the Browns and then a bye week will help those injuries heal so that they can get to it the second half of the season.

JAW2517
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lilmatdog
Oct 26 2017, 08:29 AM
I'm very worried.

Now the killers.
Reiff is expected to play this week against the Browns.

Mrbill
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Will the Vikings win Next 3 games?

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That would be very tough. Ram tough, lions we better win, falcon aren't playing like they did last year but still very tough.

storm
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Rams will be a tough game but really who have they beat this year? The best team they have beaten is probably the Cowboys who barely have a winning record. Is it safe to say that they may be over-hyped? Obviously I'm going to eat crow if the bad Vikes show up to play.

I think the Vikes have the rematch against the Lions and the Falcons will be another tough game.

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Beat the Rams at home.
Lose to Detroit on the road.
Beat Atlanta on the Road.

Lose to Carolina on the road.
Beat Cincinnati at home.
Destroy Green Bay on the road
Beat Chicago at home.

Win the NFC North with a 12-4 record thanks to a very weak division.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: