Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
U23 World Team Trials; Rochester MN
Topic Started: Sep 13 2017, 10:46 PM (6,575 Views)
Unit
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hope to see a good turn out for the UWW U23 Freestyle and Greco world Trials In Rochester MN October 6-8.
It is a tricky time as College wrestling starts and I'm sure college coaches are more focused on getting there teams prepared for the season.
U23 World Cup is over Thanksgiving.

Does anyone know of a link for last years results. I know this is a new trny on the schedule.
If any athlete is on the edge of going or not and having a corner man could be the game changer please shoot me a message.
I want to support anyone that wants to give it a go.
I have organized a few Greco practices in southern MN If anyone wants a taste of Greco.
Looking forward to the addition of 4 more weights in next years season. It should help get some new names in the line ups and rankings.

STORM UP!
Edited by Unit, Sep 14 2017, 08:06 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Unit
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds like we should have a nice head count for Greco in the 2017 UWW U23. Dozen would be outstanding.
With that said I hope our Freestyle count is strong. Hard to predict numbers with the college season gearing up.
Looking forward to some AIRTIME!

STORM UP!!!

Tiny Tornado
Member Avatar
Tiny Tornado
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
we will be seeing you there, Jim.... B)
Edited by Tiny Tornado, Sep 27 2017, 07:40 PM.

Karenj1225
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Please post the entrants. Thanks.

Tiny Tornado
Member Avatar
Tiny Tornado
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
the USA Wrestling website has a story about it, in the article there's a link to the registration page, and you can see the list of entrants so far....
Edited by Tiny Tornado, Sep 28 2017, 10:00 AM.

guillotine1
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lot's of talent: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2017/September/28/Preliminary-U23-Trials-entries-includes-World-and-National-Team-members

grappler6
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lots of Gophers will be competing

Tiny Tornado
Member Avatar
Tiny Tornado
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm happy to see the participation by our Mn Gopher athletes....but truth be told, I'm much more interested in seeing the winners be those who devote 100 % of their training to FS/GR.....

Unit
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Anyone interested in a front row seat, free entry to Saturday or Sunday wrestling there may be a seat at the scorers table to run a clock. If interested there will be a 8am on both days for a quick 101 on table work. If you can only help in the afternoon we would love to seeya.
Please contact Tom Kuisle at 507.236.1066 should be a great weekend to watch some high quality athletes compete and jump start the wrestling season. Hope to see a good turn out.
Edited by Unit, Sep 28 2017, 08:04 PM.

grappler6
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As registration currently stands, I would say McKee is the favorite at 61K and Kroells at 125k. Brett will have a shot at 86k, but also a pretty tough weight.

Bleise now registered at 70K.

Wanzek nolonger registered. Only Imar and Chance currently registered at 74k. Wanzek gave Imar a scare at the last chance qualifier.

pitbull413
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Brackets anywhere?

3girlsanddad
Member Avatar
4 girls and dad
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Track

3girlsanddad
Member Avatar
4 girls and dad
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
McKee and Kroells win their bracket. Good work Storm!!

3girlsanddad
Member Avatar
4 girls and dad
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fix just beat Tomasello twice to win his bracket. WOW

journeyman
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I talked with Brett Pfarr just a couple weeks before this tourney. Eggum talked him into doing it so obviously it wasn't like there was a lot of preparation on his part being it was kind of a last minute decision.

I was surprised Kroells was ready for this himself being he got hurt this summer.

Junior26
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
If you have a "My Track" profile (or make one now), Takedown sports will be releasing a promotional code to watch the replays for free this week.

Head to www.trackwrestling.com and register.

Unit
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also would like to add a congrats to our STORM Greco Roman Team member Barrett Stanghill 85K champ and Runner-up Richard Carlson at 85K.
Some great wrestling all weekend. I agree Pfarr did not have that training coming into it. looks very good just did not have that last 2 minute fight in him like the NCAA's.

journeyman
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Unit
Oct 10 2017, 11:00 AM
Also would like to add a congrats to our STORM Greco Roman Team member Barrett Stanghill 85K champ and Runner-up Richard Carlson at 85K.
Some great wrestling all weekend. I agree Pfarr did not have that training coming into it. looks very good just did not have that last 2 minute fight in him like the NCAA's.
Brett and Michael Kroells spent the summer on the west coast going to grade schools and high schools conducting wrestling clinics. It sounds like they had a good summer.

The crazy thing is Michael had a freak accident happen to him. Some young kid was goofing around and came up behind him to try and take him down. He caught his knee at an awkward angle and injured it enough to put him out. Brett had to finish the mat work the rest of the way. Michael could only instruct verbally. As Brett told me....how ironic he gets hurt this way when he was a two time state champ and a three time D1 All American. I asked him how old the young man was, 11 or 12 he said. :'(

Karenj1225
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looks like the USA lost every first round match wrestled so far in Greco, not looking very well, hope FS is better!

larson311
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Greco team was dreadful yikes, hopefully the women and fs can get it done!

JackBurton
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
What are the fs start times? I could not find a schedule on track.
Edited by JackBurton, Nov 22 2017, 08:17 PM.

MNRodent
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good luck Mitch and Michael!

goTigersgo
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Not a great a.m. for the USA, 0-4, Fix, McKee, Brooks, and Kroells. I don't know what's next, if the guys that beat them have to pull them through to advance?

WrestleMe
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
0-4 and done for Day 1

Ouch.

grappler6
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
goTigersgo
Nov 25 2017, 05:08 AM
Not a great a.m. for the USA, 0-4, Fix, McKee, Brooks, and Kroells. I don't know what's next, if the guys that beat them have to pull them through to advance?
You have to lose to a guy that made the finals to be pulled back into repechage.

Itís a dumb outdated concept IMO.

DWB79
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
grappler6
Nov 25 2017, 02:01 PM
goTigersgo
You have to lose to a guy that made the finals to be pulled back into repechage.

How many competitors are in each bracket to start? Seems like only a small number of the overall competitors (maybe 3-4 for each finalist) make it into a consolation bracket (repechage)....

Stupid method to determine who are the truly best at each weight.

sitoutking
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
DWB79
Nov 25 2017, 08:49 PM
grappler6
Nov 25 2017, 02:01 PM
goTigersgo

How many competitors are in each bracket to start? Seems like only a small number of the overall competitors (maybe 3-4 for each finalist) make it into a consolation bracket (repechage)....

Stupid method to determine who are the truly best at each weight.
Insane they still do this, or ever did for that matter. Spends thousands of dollars traveling the world for 1 match.

Karenj1225
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is one of the zillion reasons why guys quit FS/GR after HS. Too damned expensive for way too little wrestling. Not only that, there is no real model to get a degree where you are part of your school and have coaches who make sure your grades are good etc. until they change this the USA will continue to under perform at international competitions and the Olympics. I would love to see folkstyle abolished completely and the USA focus on only international styles from day one, they do that results will improve.
Edited by Karenj1225, Nov 26 2017, 11:21 AM.

goTigersgo
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ohio St' s Joey McKenna wins bronze.

goTigersgo
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Richie Lewis of Rutgers wins gold at 70 kg.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Club/Freestyle/Greco-Roman · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: