Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Metro youth team tournaments
Topic Started: Sep 18 2017, 03:48 PM (1,331 Views)
OronoYouth
No Avatar
[ * ]
Looking to see if anyone is aware of any team K-3rd/4th tournaments around the Twin Cities metro area? Only one I saw listed at this time on the guillotine calendar is Waseca. Also, any K-6th team tournaments good for up and comers or with A and B pools? Thanks in advance! - Eric S (Orono Youth Wrestling)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

3girlsanddad
Member Avatar
4 girls and dad
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
K-3. Waseca is a good one to get into.

K-6. The up and comers bracket at The Brawl is also a tournament I would recommend.

Stay away from the Stampede. Great tournament, but very competitive.

Workdog
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Stampede in my opinion should be #1 on your list if you can get in. Great format and very well run. It has been a couple of years as my kids have moved on but they loved this one.

Lloyd Christmas
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Workdog
Sep 27 2017, 08:05 AM
Stampede in my opinion should be #1 on your list if you can get in. Great format and very well run. It has been a couple of years as my kids have moved on but they loved this one.
If you look at the original post, Orono is looking for K-3/4 tournaments as their team is very young.

They need to adhere to the advice from 3G&Dad and stay away from the Stampede, which boasts a lot of 4-6 graders in most weight classes.

The Stampede is a great tournament, but not what the original poster is looking for. The Up and Comers at the Brawl is a better fit for the Spartans.

WrestlingOfficial
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Farmington does a bring 1 bring all dual meet tournament. There are no weight classes and kids are paired up by ability. Dual meets are not scored however all the kids get to experience what a dual meet is against equal level of talent. Some duals would have as many as 30 matches. Depending on how the teams match up. If interested let me know I can point you to the right people. This tourney is in Sunday Jan 14th.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turd Bag
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
^^^^^^ Those are good for the sport. Kids love'em.

Workdog
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lloyd Christmas
Sep 27 2017, 09:16 AM
Workdog
If you look at the original post, Orono is looking for K-3/4 tournaments as their team is very young.

They need to adhere to the advice from 3G&Dad and stay away from the Stampede, which boasts a lot of 4-6 graders in most weight classes.

The Stampede is a great tournament, but not what the original poster is looking for. The Up and Comers at the Brawl is a better fit for the Spartans.
Forgive me.
I am not aware of many if any team stuff that young.
Again I am long gone from the youth stuff!
Good luck

Workdog
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Lloyd Christmas
Sep 27 2017, 09:16 AM
Workdog

Forgive me.
I am not aware of many if any team stuff that young.
Again I am long gone from the youth stuff!
Good luck

Larosejd
No Avatar
[ * ]
I would reach out to Mounds View. They usually hold a tourney like this. As done Annandale/Maple Lake.

Papa T
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
OronoYouth
Sep 18 2017, 03:48 PM
Looking to see if anyone is aware of any team K-3rd/4th tournaments around the Twin Cities metro area? Only one I saw listed at this time on the guillotine calendar is Waseca. Also, any K-6th team tournaments good for up and comers or with A and B pools? Thanks in advance! - Eric S (Orono Youth Wrestling)
I too am looking for a youth duals format to get our club into around the metro.
Our club O.A.A. Titan Wrestling (Tartan high school in Oakdale) Wrestles in the N.Y.W.A. State tourney at the end of the year (we are not a USA wrestling club) We have a young group now & we are not quite ready for NYWA team tourney. We would like to get our kids doing some duals to have them experience that format. Seems good for both Wrestlers & new parents. Eric - Orono & anyone else let me know if you want to try & put something together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Youth/Middle School/Jr High/Open Tournaments · Next Topic »
Add Reply