Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TakeDown Cancer 2017-18; Season 5
Topic Started: Oct 23 2017, 06:02 PM (1,050 Views)
Shakopee Coach
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
This year marks our 5th year of TakeDown Cancer and it means more to me than ever. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time in March. She just finished her chemotherapy and surgery and is recovering well. I am thankful for all the research and funds that have been raised by organizations to help with treatment of cancer. We are making a difference with our TakeDown Cancer program.

TakeDown Cancer has raised over $150,000 in 4 years, and we are hoping the program continues to grow. Remember, every penny we raise goes to The Randy Shaver Cancer Research and Community Fund. Our TakeDown Cancer group all donate our time and talents.

There are over 300 wrestling programs in Minnesota alone. If each team hosted an event and raised as little as $100 we would make over $30,000! Please consider hosting an event.
Itís easy!
1.Pick a date and let me know when it is and what teams are participating.
2.Find a way to raise money.
3.Hold the event.
4.Send money directly to the Randy Shaver Cancer Research and Community Fund.

Contact your booster club for help organizing your event.
Our website is a great resource for ideas and information. You can download our logo there, too. www.takedowncancer.org

We also added a Facebook page. Search @takedowncancer on facebook and like our page!

Need ideas for your event? Contact Aimee Smith at aimeetoms@hotmail.com

Feel free to email any questions and let me know when you choose an event date.

On behalf of the TakeDown Cancer group,

Mark Neu
Shakopee Wrestling
mneu@shakopee.k12.mn.us
Cell phone 952-239-0421

Edited by Shakopee Coach, Oct 23 2017, 06:31 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Andy Voit
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bump

FIGHT4ACURE
No Avatar
[ * ]
Waconia Wrestling hosted their event. First of all, we want to thank Watertown and Waseca Wrestling communities last year (2016-17) for helping us raise over $13,600. This year we are hoping that the final total will come in close to $10,000. And this year again, we thank Watertown and Waseca but also St. Peter as all 3 of these schools were at our event to bid on silent auction items, buy t-shirts and make donations.

FIGHT4ACURE
No Avatar
[ * ]
Actually final total is $11,000 for Waconia's event. Thank you to St. Peter, Waseca and Watertown wrestling communities for helping with the success!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · TakeDown Cancer · Next Topic »
Add Reply