Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Class AA rankings input
Topic Started: Nov 13 2017, 10:25 AM (77,116 Views)
double-a
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
As you know, the first rankings came out and were based on information from fans and coaches.

There has already been some feedback on wrestlers missed in first rankings, and that's great for getting the next set of rankings accurate. I also want to get feedback from everyone else to ensure nobody is missed.

If you feel someone is missing from rankings, please let me know and please encourage their coach to respond to my emails about rankings. When providing information, please add a little bit of background on why they should be ranked. You can PM me, reply to this post, or email me at 2Aratings@aartonatone.com.

Aaron
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skirt
No Avatar
The Fan
[ *  * ]
Nathan Garceau isnít weight certified for 106 according to MSHSL. May want to move him up a weight or two.

Gator-Roll
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I see Anthony Jackson still ranked, does that mean he plans to wrestle somewhere this year?

Files
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
He's not on the MSHSL roster for Hutch.

buwahkon
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Then thereís that

BIGdog1
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
Lots of kids ranked at weights they'll never wrestle this year.

Go47
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Skirt
Dec 8 2017, 12:08 PM
Nathan Garceau isnít weight certified for 106 according to MSHSL. May want to move him up a weight or two.
Can you please share how to find a wrestler's certified weight on the MSHSL website?

Heavyweight Legrider
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
The weight that appears next to the wrestler's name on the MSHSL website roster is their lowest certified weight.

Tibeco
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The weight that is listed on the MSHSL roster for each school is the certified weight.

Go47
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I am not feeling so smart right now. Thanks!

matislife
No Avatar
Oldie
[ *  *  * ]
Does anyone know what is up with KMís line up? Where is kennedy ?

Workdog
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Heard (Kennedy) yesterday he is hurt again.

UR Antonio Everett over #4 Stapleton by fall yesterday at prior lake

cowboy20
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
Tibeco
Dec 8 2017, 04:35 PM
The weight that is listed on the MSHSL roster for each school is the certified weight.
So if the lowest weight they can go is right there in print, why are the ranking guys still ranking wrestlers at weights they are not even certified at??

Workdog
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
who?

thunderchicken
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Do only coaches have access to certified weights or can anybody see them?

HEW
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Go to MSHSL website. Go to ACTIVITIES. Go to WRESTLING. Go to ROSTERS. Choose a high school. Click on GENERATE PRINTABLE ROSTER. You will find certified weights there.

dragonfire
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just go to the schools mshsl site. Everyone can view

shoot_to_thrill
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
cowboy20
Dec 10 2017, 04:25 PM
Tibeco
So if the lowest weight they can go is right there in print, why are the ranking guys still ranking wrestlers at weights they are not even certified at??
All they have to do is look. They'll straighten out after the next couple rounds of rankings. And we all have to remember, it's entertainment, not written stone. The kids still have to wrestle it all out

mattime
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
I see that Peyton mortenson is ranked first at 152. He just won the redwood tournament at 182. Maybe he should be ranked at a higher weight.

shoot_to_thrill
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rohman beat garceau at state last year yet the rankings show otherwise. Garceau has multiple losses this season and Rohman just keeps winning, like his win over 106 a #1 magaard. Maybe we'll see them match up at the Rumble.

Iowan@heart
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
shoot_to_thrill
Dec 10 2017, 10:47 PM
cowboy20
Dec 10 2017, 04:25 PM
Tibeco
All they have to do is look. They'll straighten out after the next couple rounds of rankings. And we all have to remember, it's entertainment, not written stone. The kids still have to wrestle it all out
I can't speak for AA, but for AAA, I don't look up every kid's certified weight. If someone wants to go through the 420 ranked kids in all three classes and list all of the guys who are ranked lower than they are certified, I'm sure we rankers would appreciate it.

To start the season, coaches usually give us an idea the weight at which each wrestler should be ranked. Until a coach, parent or fan points out an issue, we may not be aware of it.

Most of the coaches are great at lettings us know if we have a wrestler in the wrong weight class.

P.S. I just looked up the 256 wrestlers ranked or on the "guys to watch list" and found 3 guys on the watch list that were in a class below their certified weights. No ranked guys in AAA are below their certified weights. I did notice 10 guys that aren't in the list at all...
Edited by Iowan@heart, Dec 25 2017, 12:43 PM.

double-a
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
New rankings come out tomorrow! The deadline was last Sunday (January 7), so any results from this week were not included. The next rankings are due January 24. Any feedback you have about the rankings or any input regarding wrestlers should be submitted to me by then.

I value all your feedback and appreciate all the emails regarding wrestlers to be ranked. It helps to make sure the rankings are as accurate as possible.

You can contact me by PM, replying to this post, or emailing me at 2Aratings@aartonatone.com.

bananasplits
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
No offense, but how is Hutch still ranked as high as they are? They lost to Litchfield who is below them. This should at least drop them lower then Litchfield. I'm starting to question how much time is actually put into the rankings

Files
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
bananasplits
Jan 12 2018, 10:55 AM
No offense, but how is Hutch still ranked as high as they are? They lost to Litchfield who is below them. This should at least drop them lower then Litchfield. I'm starting to question how much time is actually put into the rankings
No offense, then question the amount of time put into the rankings? Passive/aggressive much?

last one standing
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Files
Jan 12 2018, 11:20 AM
bananasplits
No offense, then question the amount of time put into the rankings? Passive/aggressive much?
It's a fair statement.

Big Lake beat Annandale/Maple Lake and Thief River Falls, not in lean and mean.

thunderchicken
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
106 Hunter Baker isn't certified for 106 and is yet still ranked there. C'mon man, atleast put a little time in to this

Liv, please come back!

soup34
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
last one standing
Jan 12 2018, 11:26 AM
Files
Jan 12 2018, 11:20 AM
bananasplits
It's a fair statement.

Big Lake beat Annandale/Maple Lake and Thief River Falls, not in lean and mean.

Perham beat Bemidji (Twice). Bemidji beat Foley. Foley still ranked above Perham!?

guillotine1
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Feedback is great! Let's see some opinions on how teams should be ranked for the next edition.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MAHACA Mamma
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
guillotine1
Jan 12 2018, 12:40 PM
Feedback is great! Let's see some opinions on how teams should be ranked for the next edition.
Those opinion are everywhere in this forum. All one needs to do is read...and spend more than a few minutes a week doing so.

guillotine1
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MAHACA Mamma
Jan 12 2018, 01:12 PM
guillotine1
Jan 12 2018, 12:40 PM
Those opinion are everywhere in this forum. All one needs to do is read...and spend more than a few minutes a week doing so.
I'm interested in opinions of 'how teams should be ranked':

etc...

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · High School · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: