Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Estate Question; how much will i pay to sell
Topic Started: Jan 16 2018, 09:45 AM (359 Views)
The_Shoot
Member Avatar
Destruction
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have a house that I am in the process of flipping and my tenants are interested in buying before I list with realtor.

What would be the difference if I sell with realtor for 225,000 in MN [(closing/taxes/comission) just wanted an estimate to how much i'd pay for comission and closing] vs. sell to them (only pay lawyer 1% to file paperwork). I was planning on charging them less if I sell privately.

Thanks for any help
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Iowan@heart
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The_Shoot
Jan 16 2018, 09:45 AM
I have a house that I am in the process of flipping and my tenants are interested in buying before I list with realtor.

What would be the difference if I sell with realtor for 225,000 in MN [(closing/taxes/comission) just wanted an estimate to how much i'd pay for comission and closing] vs. sell to them (only pay lawyer 1% to file paperwork). I was planning on charging them less if I sell privately.

Thanks for any help
There are probably realtors on here who could give you a better answer but the short answer this: If you don't use a realtor, you'll save the sales commission (4-7%) and as importantly time. If you use the realtor, they would argue that you'll get a higher price that would more than compensate you for the commission and loan interest.

Part of the answer depends on your loan on the property as you could be paying up to 1% a month depending on how the loan is structured. If it's cash, you still have some opportunity cost, but it's obvious less.

I'd tend to ignore all the other closing costs in the equation because they will be the same regardless of whether you use a realtor or fsbo.

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The_Shoot
Jan 16 2018, 09:45 AM

Thanks for any help
If you have a buyer already you don't really need a realtor. It's just a matter of getting the proper paperwork drawn up.

Although if you choose to get a realtor, I would negotiate their rate since 80% of their job is already done for them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply