Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Apple Valley vs Kennedy; Crone vs Ness - WOW
Topic Started: Feb 12 2005, 08:45 PM (1,775 Views)
The Avenger
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If I told you that Danny Crone took Jayson Ness down to his back and scored the first 5 points of the match, would you believe me?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

slickshoes
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
and then what happend I wonder.

slickshoes
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
and I would believe you all people make mistakes in matches, and I bet ness recovered and kick the crap out of him.

The Avenger
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So Slick, is that a Yes or a No to my question?

slickshoes
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
yes.

slickshoes
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
how did he take him down to his back?

bootscoot
Member Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
crone headlocked ness to go up 5-0. ness then rolled through and rode crone out for a while before turning him and pinning him

COACH
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Happens all the time when these guys underestimate other wrestlers...when you're wrestling the #1 guy,,,,what have you got to lose.... I bet that was exiting for a few seconds huh?

Mat Master
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I love to see the under dog step in and try something. Most of the time they just back off way to go Crone.

robespierre
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
1st takedown Ness gave up since the state finals against Falck.

The Avenger
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
When was the last time Ness gave up 3 back points? I think I remember him giving up 2 back points to Falck in sections last year, but I can't remember the last time he gave up 3 back points. Anyone know?

Bluntman
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Crone took Ness down in a single leg to his back, not a headlock. Get the facts straight kids.

The Avenger
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't want to stir the pot because what's done is done, but from where I was sitting - it sure looked like Ness was pinned. I'm still trying to figure out if the Ref wasn't so busy trying to pick up his own jaw off the floor (after seeing Ness on his back) and had been where he should have been positioned to make the call, Crone would have gotten the fall.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not sure Ness going to his back was a good thing for the rest of 125's in the state. I'm thinking someone will be extremely focused for the next 2 weekends. Good job to Danny just the same. I heard that Ness was stuck but when he looked up and saw Crone winkingt at his favorite cheerleader he got a little PO'd and that's what gave him the extra he needed to come back and win. :angry: :)

UndescendedBallGuy
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Ness was taken down in the finals of the christmas tournament. ness always gets got in head locks. just last year he got put in a head lock by some nobody. and crone did a signal to a head lock scramble type of deal. anywho, i think what was amazing was how calm he stayed. even though he almost never gets put to his back, ness knows exactly what to do and does it perfectly and stayed cool the whole time. the whole crone taking him down thing was a complete fluke. crone is really good and all i mean he did beat thorn but just look at the results of all the other times ness and crone wrestled.

Superdouble
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
what was the final score

No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
ness pinned him

EBWC
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
the whole crone taking him down thing was a complete fluke. crone is really good and all i mean he did beat thorn but just look at the results of all the other times ness and crone wrestled.

wow you think crone taking ness down was a fluke he ankle picked him then came up with a head lock it was no fluke it was a great move done by a great wrestler who has really picked up the pace

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Crone also beat Meger and won outstanding wrestler at his weight in the clash. He is a kid that is getting better as the year goes on. If he puts on a little muscle and wrestles this summer I think he will be a topped ranked kid next year.

robespierre
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ness did give up 3NF to Falck in the Christmas Tournament last year (inside cradle).

It was fun to watch, albeit short-lived. Could you imagine had Crone pinned him? He would then have 3 state champs notched this year (Meger, Thorn, Ness). Didn't happen though.

125 in 6AAA has 3 pretty solid kids (Ness, Crone, Bjorkstrand). A very good kid will be watching individuals from the stands.

Bluntman
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]

UndescendedBallGuy,

No one is questioning how good jason is, the facts are he was taken down to his back and almost pinned. For you to say it was a fluke and to make excuses for Jason is out of line. Do you think Jason is making excuses about this, I really doubt it. Take some spelling lessons.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My guess is when Ness shook Crones hand at the end of the match, he said good match and he meant it.

Twisted
No Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Meger is a 112lber and went up to 125 to take on Crone, not taking anything away from Crone but thats alot of weight to give up.

llchill
No Avatar
[ * ]
Twisted:
I understand your point but why say you're not taking anything away from Crone? That is exactly what your statement does. If Owatonna didn't think they could win that match, they wouldn't have bumped him up.

Also, in my opinion this topic does not need to be discussed at length as it has. Ness is without a doubt an amazing wrestler and the first part of his match with Crone was interesting...enough said. There is no need to argue over whether it was a fluke or not etc. etc.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Meger was a 119 who went up to meet Crone. If he goes up at state again then he will be a 112 going up to 125. When R. Fessler was the back up 112 at state a few years ago he did it and got a major for Valley I think.

firemans05
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
yea crone is in gear.

aveaglefan
No Avatar
[ * ]
It gave the crowd a moments pause - holding their breaths awaiting the outcome. I believe when Danny walked off the mat he had a smile on his face - he knew he executed a great move and accomplished something few others have done. With the 125 competition at individuals next weekend it will be a great confidence booster for Danny. I know Jayson believed Danny would give him his best match, which he did. On the mat they are opponents. Off the mat they hang around together and are good friends.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · High School · Next Topic »
Add Reply