Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who did you ant to win more?
Twins 46 (76.7%)
Vikings 13 (21.7%)
Unsure/don't care 1 (1.7%)
Total Votes: 60
Vikings vs Twins; Which would you rather have win?
Topic Started: Sep 17 2006, 03:49 PM (840 Views)
huntfishwrestle
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was just thinking with them both playing simultaneously, which game did you want the Minnesota team to win more in?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

heavyweightdad
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
TWINS without a doubt. We are in a pennant race!

But we won them BOTH!!!

The Big Show
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Everyone has voted for the Twins, including me.

carlthefloorwalker
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
huntfishwrestle
Sep 17 2006, 03:49 PM
I was just thinking with them both playing simultaneously, which game did you want the Minnesota team to win more in?

Why not both, they are in different sports, its like picking which child you love the most.

Tiny Tornado
Member Avatar
Tiny Tornado
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hhmmm, let me think for just a moment.....a team with a guy who does MILK commercials on TV, and every kid out there( and his MOM) wants HIS jersey
OR

the team with guys that like to have sex out in the open, in front of their friends on boats, and in public stairwells, and seem to drink and drive way too often.....

HHMMMMMM........

nwsub
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good answer Tiny.

carlthefloorwalker
As far as though kids and which do you love more? That's easy. It's whichever one lets me live with them since right now they all often threaten to send me to the old folks home in the future.

The Big Show
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tiny Tornado
Sep 18 2006, 10:31 AM
hhmmm, let me think for just a moment.....a team with a guy who does MILK commercials on TV, and every kid out there( and his MOM) wants HIS jersey
OR

the team with guys that like to have sex out in the open, in front of their friends on boats, and in public stairwells, and seem to drink and drive way too often.....

HHMMMMMM........

Very nice, very nice.

rookie wrestler
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
carlthefloorwalker
Sep 17 2006, 05:24 PM
huntfishwrestle
Sep 17 2006, 03:49 PM

Why not both, they are in different sports, its like picking which child you love the most.

I agree i mean i could see if they were like the same sport like the yankees and mets. but they are different sports so who cares.

carlthefloorwalker
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tiny Tornado
Sep 18 2006, 10:31 AM
OR

HHMMMMMM........

So I guess you're saying you like the Vikings more as Every one I know wants a KORO jersey now that they are 50% off.

Tiny Tornado
Member Avatar
Tiny Tornado
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
sorry, but I was just trying to be funny :o

I actually have nothing against the Vikings, they seem to get ridding themselves of all the losers ( i.e., Moss) and I hope the new coach and the team has a lot of success-

but I'm truly a baseball fan- even if the Twins weren't in the running, I'd still be watching baseball until the world series is over- then and only then do I turn the TV on for football......

The Big Show
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tiny Tornado
Sep 19 2006, 01:26 PM
they seem to get ridding themselves of all the losers ( i.e., Moss)

Moss was the best thing that ever happened to Vikings football.

huntfishwrestle
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a lot of great memories of Moss, perhaps one of the best stretches a receiver has ever had. But it looks like we got rid of him at the right time. Go TWINS!

squezzed
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Big Show
Sep 19 2006, 09:25 PM
Tiny Tornado

I disagree.....Purple People Eaters...Page, Marshall, Eller, and Larson.....or what about a guy named Chris Carter? Or Fran Tarkenton? :P

carlthefloorwalker
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tiny Tornado
sorry, but I was just trying to be funny  :o

I actually have nothing against the Vikings, they seem to get ridding themselves of all the losers ( i.e., Moss) and I hope the new coach and the team has a lot of success-

but I'm truly a baseball fan- even if the Twins weren't in the running, I'd still be watching baseball until the world series is over- then and only then do I turn the TV on for football......

So was I but sometimes that is lost in message boards ;0.

Love the Twins, I was in 10th Grade in 87 and Sophmore in College out in South Dakota for 91 loved getting into it with all the MN haters that lived in SD. Best week ever in 91.

But I'm Football fan first and I love the Vikes they broke my heart in 98. But Chilly looks promising as a coach you can trust to not give a flying fig about being popular (i.e. Tice, who I liked but was not ready to be a head coach) just cares about winning. Granted it is only 2 weeks but now I can hope we will find a way to win rather than a way to lose like the last 4 years.

The Wild and Wolves can go suck a lemon for all I care.

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I like the Wild and Wolves just fine as fillers... what do they play again? They just play at the wrong time of year as well, something else is usually got my attention about that time.

I was pulling for the team in the playoff chase at the time, but I wasn't wanting either to lose. Two Twins wins, one Viking win, and a Gopher win... great weekend if you ask me. I agree that the Gophers didn't play anyone and the Vikings have been just good enough but I see hope in both of those teams, they could/will surprise people if they haven't already.

Moss was as good if not better talent wise than any wideout we have had and I have seen them all since the late 60's. He has a little stupid streak in him that runs through his mouth but his play making was extrodinary. He made Dante look good, not the other way around. Without Moss we might have had a different QB a while ago... then again I think Denny had an agenda so maybe not. Cris Carter was amazing as well, he did it all but I think he couldn't defend the pass as well as Moss did. When people picked the ball off near Moss, there were either so many defenders he couldn't defend them all, or the ball was so far off the mark that he couldn't even get to it. If it was anywhere near, he either caught it, knocked it down, or grabbed the Dback so they couldn't make a play... any way you looked at it, it was still our ball when he was done.

I'm think Harris is ready to play this year so lets see what the Moss trade really did for us... maybe we can pick Moss up again.

Big D
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Big Show
Sep 19 2006, 08:25 PM
Tiny Tornado

Bud Grant was the best thing to ever happen to Vikings Football

usc09
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
LMD, I think you're point on about Moss... I would take the 98' season over and over and over again, even if it always ended the same way. Yeah, it broke my heart; however, was the most fun I've ever had as a fan.

Right now, however, I'm on the Twins bandwagon. I've never enjoyed watching regular season baseball so much.

wrestler-09-mn
No Avatar
[ * ]
I love the vikings, but they have let me down for to many years. every year they will either start of hot, and get to about halfway threw the seaons then play like crap the rest of the way. they start of horrible. Then fight back, and just as your starting to think hey we might have a chance they break your heart and lose like 3 in a row. or the other option is they just play on, and off every other week. In all end resaults we always end up with a bad draft pic. The twins on the other hand have been fighting for the past 3-4 years in getting into the playoffs. So i think its about time for them to go all the way.

The Big Show
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That's basically it. The Twins are far more consistant and deserve it more.

warrior118
No Avatar
Wrestling Fan
[ *  *  * ]
Being that I'm a huge baseball fan I'd have to say TWINS all the way !!!

Son
Member Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Timberwolves.

J/K, Twins ALL THE WAY!!!

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
OK, now I'll go with the Vikings.

Doyle Brunson
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would rather see a championship of of the Twins.

The Big Show
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
lilmatdog
Oct 8 2006, 09:04 PM
OK, now I'll go with the Vikings.

Yeah, the Vikings were more exciting until the Twins pulled the division out of their butts, now I'd much rather see the Twins win but it's too late and I guess I'll have to bring out the purple a few weeks before I wanted to.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply