Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Twins new manager; Baseball
Topic Started: Oct 25 2014, 10:37 PM (1,587 Views)
The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Reports are that Joe Madden, who opted out of his contract with Tampa Bay wants to be considered for the Twins manager position. What does everyone think?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mndak
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Horse
Oct 25 2014, 10:37 PM
Reports are that Joe Madden, who opted out of his contract with Tampa Bay wants to be considered for the Twins manager position. What does everyone think?
Why? MN =tampa bay. No support by management and bare minimum investment into the roster.

He left tampa because of those exact same reasons.

Its molitor anyways the rest of the search is just smoke and mirrors to make the search look legit.

izzman
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That guy got a lot with little talent. He turned average players into stars. I think we need an outside candidate. No offense to Molitor but he's been a part of the organization for a while and I haven't seen any dividends.
Edited by izzman, Oct 26 2014, 08:01 PM.

Gonzaga1603
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Little talent? The Rays have always had talent until recently. When Maddon got them to the World Series in 08. They had 1st rd picks at 1st, 3rd, LF, CF, RF, and DH as well as at least one who occasionally played off the bench. They also had at least 3 1st rders in their pitching staff.

They may have been young but they always had talent until recently.

dj63
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Its not going to matter who manages this team if they don't spend some money on a #1 starter. Hughes is a good #2 and Gibson #3. They will score runs, they need pitching.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Madden should be manager with Molitor as running or hitting coach. I wouldn't mind Brunansky coming back ether, kids were finially getting what he was teaching and they were producing!
:)

izzman
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Take a look at the pitchers that he developed while in Tampa. That guy gets the most out of his pitchers.

izzman
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well the Madden dream is over. Sounds like he's heading to the Cubs.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
that wasn't even enough time for a dream, looks like Molitor. :o

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
izzman
Oct 29 2014, 08:22 PM
Well the Madden dream is over. Sounds like he's heading to the Cubs.
I heard it was already a done deal in the 5 million range but they were waiting for the series to end before announcing.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just read it on the internet, Paul Molitor to be the next Twins manager. Very interested in who he will name as pitching coach. I also hope he keeps Tom Brunansky on the staff as Batting coach. Hopefully it won't be long before his staff is assembled. Twins are to announce him Monday. B)

squezzed
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I sure hope he is more successful than the other high paid St. Paulian on the roster.

Since were going with the home grown good ole boys club lets go with this

Blyleven pitching coach
Hrbek infield coach
Steinback bench coach
Morris bullpen coach
Coomer first base coach
Mauer general manager in waiting

Sure wish they would have blown this thing up completely.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I vote for Bruno and Stieny to stay. :o

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, it is a huge surprise, Molitor it is. I'll wait a year or two too pass judgement I guess. I hope he does as well grabbing a pitching coach as Zimmer did grabbing an Offensive coordinator.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Now comes the fun part! Who is Molitor going to put on his staff! Robin Yount? Brunansky? Glynn? Blyleven? Rentoria? Morris? Stienbach? Who do you think he'll ask and who would you like to see? ;)

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
YES!!!! Brunansky it is!!!!! Now Morris as pitching coach would make me happy. Have you ever heard his analysis on tv? He is spot on! Cross your fingers!!! :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply