Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Twins; over or under
Topic Started: Nov 7 2014, 09:41 PM (65,111 Views)
max05
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Do you think the Twins will win 70 games this year?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Little early to be asking now. But the way they played in Sept. coupled with Nolassco coming back to form, and another Good pither, the twins should get 75-80 wins. But we have to see Molitors staff yet. See the other twins topic here for further commments. :D

dj63
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
over

gopherfan149
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
under especially if he fills staff with ex twins.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ex Twins like Brunansky? Morris? Blyleven? Some of the best of the Twins? You obviously don't know baseball or you would not say a stupid thing like that. If Molitor put these three guys on as coaches, you'd be buying season tickets and watching winnig Twins baseball.! :o

Gonzaga1603
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Blyleven doesn't understand baseball in this day and age. Listening to him rant about pitch counts should tell you that.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Maybe if you watched baseball with your eyes open you would see what I see, until then, don't be so down on a man who is a hall of fame pitcher, and knows more baseball than you will ever know! :P

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Over of course.

Gonzaga1603
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Horse
Nov 12 2014, 09:07 PM
Maybe if you watched baseball with your eyes open you would see what I see, until then, don't be so down on a man who is a hall of fame pitcher, and knows more baseball than you will ever know! :P
Thats fine. Yeah hes a hall of fame pitcher (barely). Lots of people are. That doesnt make them qualified to be a coach. More qualified than me? Sure, but if you listen to him for 5 minutes talk about pitchers and pitch counts, you will realize he will burn each and every one of our youngs guys arms up.

Also, has he ever coached anywhere other than some random team in the WBC?

I dont want to see what you see, you saw an 85 win team last year. I correctly saw a 95 loss team last year.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Gonzaga1603
8 minutes ago

Quote:

Thats fine. Yeah hes a hall of fame pitcher (barely). Lots of people are. That doesnt make them qualified to be a coach. More qualified than me? Sure, but if you listen to him for 5 minutes talk about pitchers and pitch counts, you will realize he will burn each and every one of our youngs guys arms up.

Also, has he ever coached anywhere other than some random team in the WBC?

I dont want to see what you see, you saw an 85 win team last year. I correctly saw a 95 loss team last year.

Do you always have to put people down? Yes I predicted 85, Ricky Nolasco didn't work out as well as we thought. But I live baseball. My father played townball, he was a good player and played on several championship teams, I lived baseball with him. He took me to games in which he played. I played as best I could. I know baseball. What Blyleven says makes sense to me. :)

Gonzaga1603
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You attacked me first sir. I'm just being realistic. Yeah what he says makes sense for baseball 30 years ago. Baseball, like all sports has changed. He doesn't seem to get that. That's been my knock on the Twins organization forever so this is no different.

WrestleMe
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Classic Gonz.... "You started it."
Jeepers. Are you 5?

Tiny Tornado
Member Avatar
Tiny Tornado
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Over

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gonzaga1603, Again I ask you; Do you always put people down who do not agree with you? If so, I feel sorry for you and your views in life.

What are your qualifications when it comes to baseball? How many games have you scored? How much have you played? how many games have you watched? Are you familiar with the rules? Do you know the technique of throwing a fastball? Curve? change up? slider? Cut fastball? Splitter? Slurve? Knuckle ball? Screwball? and all the other variations?

I do, I may not be able to throw them as well as when I was a kid, but I could make a good attempt. And since I know how to throw those pitches, I understand what Bert Blyleven is talking about. Major league pitchers will also.

So that's my "attack"

Happy?

B)

Gonzaga1603
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WrestleMe
Nov 13 2014, 09:23 AM
Classic Gonz.... "You started it."
Jeepers. Are you 5?
He attacks me and then ridicules me for attacking him. And I get heat for it? I don't care if he attacked me an I'm not claiming to be above what I did. He seems to insinuate that he's above hurling insults.

Gonzaga1603
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes I know how to do all of those. As much as I know you won't believe this, I don't typically spout off about topics I know nothing about.

Because you brought the weird questions up, do you understand advanced stats and how they are used effectively?

I wasn't putting Bert down, I was criticizing his philosophy. Heaven forbid I critiscize and disagree with something on a message board.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I now see you just like to "stir the pot" Well, have fun. We will see who they get in a week or so whether it is Blyleven, Morris, Viola or a host of others. And no I am not totally into advanced Stats but like them when it comes to shifts to certain hitters. so I guess the answer to your question is "a little" Let's let it be a wait and see what the Twins do. Ok? :blink:

Gonzaga1603
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds good

Gonzaga1603
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In case you are curious about advanced stats, I find that fangraphs.com provides a lot of good articles that help explain how they matter to baseball.

Just throwing it out there if you are interested.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks! I'll look into it! B)

that'safactjack
No Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
With the big news that the Twins now have new uniforms I would have to think that minor things like a solid starting rotation are just tweeks that will be resolved shortly. Over!
Dang, ending my statement like that brings back the smell of diesel.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Twins have half of the puzzle in place. Nolassco needs to right his ship! But I don't think your going to see a major move by the Twins. They will most likely go out and get a #5 starter, not a big name signing. Although I would like to see James Shields in a Twins uniform! :D

max05
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A p.o.s. car is still a p.o.s. doesn't matter who's driving it...just saying nothing will change with a "new manager". The Twins ownership has been bamboozling us for years. Why do any of you think it's going to change now?
Edited by max05, Nov 17 2014, 08:30 PM.

onegoodshot
No Avatar
Super Fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
The thing that scares me most is our faith in the prospects we have. Baseball is the toughest sport to actually hit on a prospect. Even the can't miss ones miss sometimes. I just read an article that if you want a releiver that throws 98, you better draft ten of them in hopes one works out.

Over 70. Nearing .500. Possibly 77-85. We will sign another mid-level starter and we will see a ton of youth this year.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Twins have 4-6 good prospects coming up. About 1/2 will workout. established players and free agent will have to pick up the slack. If that works out I believe we will have .500 season. Anything more will be bonus, less and we will be in serious rebuilding mode. :blink:

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What do you think about the choice's the Twins have made? Good, Bad, so-so? lets hear it! :)

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think every move so far has been made for 2-3 years from now. I think all the coaches have potential to be very good but they all have a learning curve and an article I read today was very high on the talent the Twins have in the minors however it looks like it might be a year or two before it starts to impact the Twins. Molitor was given a 3 year contract and it seems pretty much everything is riding on that 3rd year.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have to agree. I will accept 81-81 season record. What I'm interested in, is Tori Hunter really interested coming to the Twins because he wants to win, or is Minnesota the place where he wants to retire from because the Pohlads will pay him well to end his career here? ^o)

lilmatdog
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Horse
Nov 28 2014, 10:11 PM
I have to agree. I will accept 81-81 season record. What I'm interested in, is Tori Hunter really interested coming to the Twins because he wants to win, or is Minnesota the place where he wants to retire from because the Pohlads will pay him well to end his career here? ^o)
End his career. However he is a seasoned pro who could really add a lot on the bench as a player the young can look up to and he does play the game right. Might be a win-win but not where he is coming to win. Still, the youth could arrive early and he would help.

The Horse
Member Avatar
Loyal Old Fart
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Twins just added Torri Hunter! What a surprise! A lot of big name teams were after him and the Twins surprised everyone. We just got another piece of the puzzle! With Torri we get a good bat, a veteran the younger players look up to, and a firey pressance in the locker room. Now we need that # 2 or #3 pitcher to fill the bill! ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: