Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Guillotine Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as posting messages, customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in polls, and fewer ads.

Email forum@theguillotine.com to find out how to get an account.

If you're already a member please log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
former collegiate wrestlers in MMA
Topic Started: Aug 4 2016, 10:49 PM (3,530 Views)
MNRodent
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm not a big MMA fan, but I will watch some of the events every once and awhile. Tonight I tuned in and watched two former wresters that I remember watching, Daniel Cormier, OSU and Chris Weidman, Hofstra both win big matches convincingly using very basic wrestling skills. Both guys looked outmatched physically, but won pretty easily with basic wrestling techniques. Of course they did have to avoid being knocked out first. No real point, just find it interesting that a lot of former collegiate wresters are able to make some $$ in the octagon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Turd Bag
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't watch it as often as I used to. Since MMA's inception wrestlers have done very well with their "ground and pound" style. Problem is that pure "ground and pound" without any striking on the feet, isn't as entertaining for the general fan as the guys that stand and punch and kick. Take Ben Askren, for example. I don't believe he has ever lost a MMA bout, but he isn't the most popular with the general fans. "He just lays on people," is a criticism I have heard. I think that is what has kept him out of the UFC, also (not sure about that... maybe he couldn't come to an agreement on terms with the UFC). Nonetheless, I have heard Askren indicating that the money was really good. I was a little surprised by that, considering that he never even made it to the UFC.

MNRodent
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ed Ruth won his MMA debut with ease tonight.

MNRodent
Member Avatar
Fantastic
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Logan Storley is now 7-0 as a professional.

Turd Bag
Member Avatar
Fanatic
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Storley now 8-0.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mixed Martial Arts · Next Topic »
Add Reply